commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <martin.coo...@tumbleweed.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Update to Commons package approval guideline
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:26:20 GMT
The current Commons guidelines require a positive super-majority vote of
active subproject committers before a new package is accepted into Commons.
Given the number of committers in Commons today, I believe that this is no
longer tenable.

Therefore I propose that we update item #17 of the guidelines to require
majority approval, as defined in the Jakarta guidelines, before a package is
accepted into Commons. The replacement text for item #17 would be as
follows:

-----
17. New packages may be proposed to the Jakarta Commons mailing list. To be
accepted, a package proposal must receive majority approval of the
subproject committers. Proposals are to identify the rationale for the
package, its scope, its interaction with other packages and products, the
Commons resources, if any, to be created, the initial source from which the
package is to be created, and the initial set of committers.
        1. As stated in the Jakarta guidelines, an action requiring majority
approval must receive at least 3 binding +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1
votes.
-----

+1 from me. :-)

--