commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [Logging] has commons-logging had a release?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 14:03:41 GMT

On Thursday, January 3, 2002, at 10:51 PM, Paulo Gaspar wrote:

> Hi Robert,

hi paulo

> There is a LogKit wrapper in the stuff I posted a couple of weeks ago.
> I am attaching again my logging package and the original message with
> which I posted it. (I got NO comments about it.)

i seem to remember some discussions about it :)

to tell you the truth, i haven't looked at your stuff. my aim has been to
fix the current commons-logging so that i can use it in betwixt and so
that we can push towards a commons-logging release. my general feeling is
that considering better solutions is a bit of a distraction until we've
got something that we can use. since i got the impression from your
original post that you were proposing a better solution, i decided to
postpone looking at it.

having said that, i will try to find time to take a look at it before i
try to create a LogKit wrapper.

- robert