commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Remy Maucherat" <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Logging] [VOTE] Commons Logging 1.0 Release
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:26:16 GMT
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:28, Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > If we both want to move forward, I think now that you got your quote,
you
> > should withdraw your -1.
>
> Actually I think if "we" want to move forward I should add my -1. That way
it
> may become even more obvious what an absurd rule allows people to vote on
> something they dont use/develope and never plant to use/develope.

My +1 should read:
- I plan to use it (actually, I just voted +1 on its use in Slide earlier
today, before that release proposal was made).
- I'm a committer on jakarta-commons, and I plan to submit patches if I find
a bug.
So I think it's perfectly valid. I fully reckon I never participated in its
development, but I don't think it's relevant here.

A release vote is a majority vote anyway.

Remy