commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject [HttpClient] Support for Basic and Form-based authentication ?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 19:17:27 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to know if HttpClient currently supports any authentication
scheme (basic, form-based) ? If not, is someone working on this ? If no,
do you think it would be good to add it ?

The end story is that I need to add basic and form-authentication to
Cactus (We actually have the code for it as Jason Robertson has
submitted it on the Cactus mailing-list) but I also wanted to move the
HTTP connection to HttpClient (instead of using HttpURLConnection and my
own code on top of it). Of course, I would prefer not to reinvent the
wheel and have a clean separation of concerns, which is why I am asking
this here: Do you think authentication is too application-centric for
HttpClient or do you think it is in scope ?

Thanks
-Vincent

Vincent Massol
Managing Director