commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Smuts" <aaron.smu...@verizon.net>
Subject JISP, cache
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 06:33:24 GMT
What kind of performance are you getting from JISP?

For JCS I tried using a generic key that would take a serialized object
and compared on the hashcode and the performance is not so great.  I ran
jprobe on it and the io is the bottleneck.  The hashcode was
insignificant. . . .  Maybe I'm too tired to see the problem.

How much memory is it using for the keys and index?

Keys are pretty cheap.  If you can keep them in memory and store the
values on disk, you can get a tremendous performance boost.  I did this
for one of the disk cache auxiliaries in JCS. . . .

Hmmn.

Aaron