commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Morgan Delagrange" <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commons/loggingJdk14Logger.java LogSource.java package.html
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 23:19:08 GMT
Well, that's a default config of sorts.  :)  If you do not have a
log4j.properties file in your classpath, Log4j uses a no-op logger.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Sanders" <ssanders@nextance.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 2:09 PM
Subject: RE: cvs commit:
jakarta-commons/logging/src/java/org/apache/commons/loggingJdk14Logger.java
LogSource.java package.html

I am just thinking back to the last time that I used Log4J without
initializing it.  It complains.  I will look into it and report back.  I
agree in general that Log4J should have some default config.

Scott