commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Smuts" <aaron.smu...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [simplestore] inital check in -- cache (JCS plugins)
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 01:35:08 GMT
Hi:

How do you find JISP?  I added a disk auxiliary cache to JCS that uses
it and it seems pretty fast and I haven't been able to get it to lock
up.  It uses a lot of disk space and doesn't take kindly to sharing
files.  I haven't tried to reliably re-use old files on startup yet.  I
haven't explored all of the features yet.

How are you handling memory management?

I'm looking for some alternative memory algorithms.  I want to make
memory management pluggable, but I need some alternatives to my LRU
double-linked list first.

" A background Thread checks if memory running
> slow"

How do you determine slow?  This is interesting.

Cheers,

Aaron