commons-dev mailing list archives

From Chad Johnson <ch...@csoft.net>
Subject Re: Possible addition to StringUtils
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:49:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <bayard@generationjava.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 6:26 PM
Subject: RE: Possible addition to StringUtils

> Good point. There is a functionality difference. In which case I'm in
> favour of your previously mentioned Map-like API.
>
> I suggest we wait to see your method when you submit it and see if it
> satisifies Chad's requirements. Or at least, see if we can change it
from
> Writer to String and see if that works :)
>
> Bay

Would we consider checking to see if the character in question is already
escaped important?  While doing that raises an interesting programming
question... When escaping a ' with a ' how do you determine if the last
' in this string is escaped, "''''''"? ...doing so would seem to be the
most robust solution.

-Chad