commons-dev mailing list archives

From <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: Possible addition to StringUtils
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 00:26:40 GMT

> But often you're working with Strings whose content you aren't sure of,
> and you might want to escape both, say, single quotes with a backslash,
> and backslashes with a backslash.  Unless I'm being slow, two method
> invocations here will result in undesired behavior.

Good point. There is a functionality difference. In which case I'm in
favour of your previously mentioned Map-like API.

I suggest we wait to see your method when you submit it and see if it
satisifies Chad's requirements. Or at least, see if we can change it from
Writer to String and see if that works :)

Bay