commons-dev mailing list archives

From <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Possible addition to StringUtils
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 05:02:40 GMT
Reasons why not:

1) Craig pointed out that using PreparedStatements all the time is a
better programming style and will avoid lots of nasty problems. Equally
though, what cases have you come across when PrepStats aren't really
viable?? When creating dynamic SQL I have found them to be a little bit of
a pain, but they end up being worth it in the longterm (as soon as you
have a date column).

2) Which escaping choice do we make? Some databases escape with '' and
others with \'. Too hard to know. Do all databases escape % and _ the same
way?

Still, not a bad idea :)

Bay