commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: Workflow & Turbine design questions
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 22:20:41 GMT

Another scheduler available.
=:o)

> > P.S.: Being a bit more aware of Avalon could save you a lot of work.
>
> P.S.: Being a bit more aware of Turbine could save you a lot of work
> (especially given that Turbine had a scheduler service before Avalon did).

Of course. I am using some code from Turbine too. However, "before" is not
a compelling argument since:
  older != better

> > There is a lot of interesting common use code there.
>
> I agree. Turbine does have a lot of interesting common use code.
>
> > I just hope they will follow the trend to cut on that kind of
> > dependencies as they did with the LogKit.
>
> Through the use of an interface which will prevent you from fully
> using all
> the features of a logging package (lots of people have complained
> about that before...personally, I'm for it).

Yes, they have a common interface and adapters for Log4J, LogKit and
the JDK1.4 thing.

I have been using it and I personally like it. IMHO the interface
allows me to use all of the features I need for the logging work.

Keeping the logger configuration/initialization separated I can still
use most of the sophisticated features each Logger has to offer just
by changing the configuration bit.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar