commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rey Francois <Francois....@capco.com>
Subject RE: [Design Discussion] DynaBeans - Dynamic Proxy
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:46:22 GMT
-----Original Message Extract-----
From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: 25 December 2001 00:52
To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [Design Discussion] DynaBeans - Round 2
 (...)

Proposed Next Steps (Once Design Is Agreed Upon):

(4) Implement "proxy" DynaClass and DynaBean wrappers around standard
    JavaBeans.  (This sounds sort of backwards, but allows an application
    to be written *totally* in terms of DynaBeans if desired.)

(5) Implement a convenient way to convert a java.sql.ResultSet (or RowSet)
    into a series of DynaBeans, where the corresponding DynaClass is
    synthesized based on the metadata of the result set.

-----End of Original Message Extract-----

About the two items above, I'm wondering if we cannot implement them using
the dynamic proxy API introduced in J2SE 1.3 (see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/reflection/proxy.html). I'm not
clear yet on what would be the benefits of such approach, as I'm just
recently discovering this API...

Has anybody further thoughts on this?

Fr.
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, please notify the sender of this email
immediately. You should not copy, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
the views of Capco.

http://www.capco.com