commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Persistence Framework?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:40:00 GMT
On 12/17/01 1:35 PM, "Bryan Field-Elliot" <bryan_lists@netmeme.org> wrote:

> Well, I certainly don't like to see work duplicated, and it seems that
> there are many other efforts under way (some of them within Jakarta) to
> build a generic persistence framework. That said, however, some
> additional considerations might still point towards the usefulness of a
> new framework:

That's certainly true, there are a couple webapp frameworks here, three
connection pools, two service frameworks and now one in the sandbox so if
you need a persistence layer and you feel none of them satisfy your needs
than you won't be starting any new trends. If you find it easier working in
a smaller group with people that have similar needs (which I find working
within the turbine world, and you may find the same working with struts
developers) than that's what you have to do. No one here has really tried
that hard to unify everything, and in reality that's probably not ever going
to happen and diversity is a great thing

If you have ideas, than put them in the sandbox and let people look at them.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org