commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta Persistence Framework?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:05:44 GMT
on 12/17/01 11:51 AM, "Martin Cooper" <martin.cooper@tumbleweed.com> wrote:

> Aha! Then I'd better keep my eye on Torque. ;-) Having the framework handle
> the more complex situations, such as joined tables, is what would make it
> really valuable. Avoiding the grunt work for the easy stuff is nice, but
> doing the same for the complex stuff is much more compelling. (Any idea on
> timeframe, Jason?)
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

Torque handle's joined tables just fine.

Torque can do almost everything one could possibly need. It isn't always the
cleanest, but it does a shit load more than coding it by hand...and it is
open source...you can always modify and contribute to it.

We have proven the Torque model in Scarab which has a fairly complex
database Schema with some pretty heavy joins and database logic in places.
Torque has held up quite well.

<teasing>
I wonder when Craig will tie Struts to JDO so that his Sun stock will raise
when people have to buy JDO to use Struts. :-)
</teasing>

-jon