commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Workflow & Turbine design questions
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 21:01:27 GMT
on 12/1/01 8:22 AM, "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gaspar@krankikom.de> wrote:

> There is a CRON like scheduler at jakarta-avalon-cornerstone package:
> org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.services.scheduler

There is a cron scheduler in the jakarta-turbine-fulcrum package:
org.apache.fulcrum.services.scheduler

> P.S.: Being a bit more aware of Avalon could save you a lot of work.

P.S.: Being a bit more aware of Turbine could save you a lot of work
(especially given that Turbine had a scheduler service before Avalon did).

> There is a lot of interesting common use code there.

I agree. Turbine does have a lot of interesting common use code.

> I just hope they will follow the trend to cut on that kind of
> dependencies as they did with the LogKit.

Through the use of an interface which will prevent you from fully using all
the features of a logging package (lots of people have complained about that
before...personally, I'm for it).

-jon