commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Digester: Examples
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:04:30 GMT
On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 11:50 PM, Tim Vernum wrote:

<snip>

> I don't want to stretch my brain too early in the morning, but at
> first glance you could possibly use XSLT or XQuery to produce a
> new XML stream that contains the specified ID, and then pass it
> into Digester.

yes, that possible but it seems like a bit of round-about way of doing
things.
there was talk about creating an XPath based matching rules implementation.
that would allow particular nodes to be select by - for example - an
attribute value.
could be quite a lot of work to write, though.

- robert