commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: (Logging)[Proposal] A little refactoring
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 01:45:13 GMT
From: Donnie Hale [mailto:donnie@haleonline.net]

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-commons/logging/PROPOSAL.html?rev=1.4&content-type=text/html

http://www.mail-archive.com/jakarta-commons@jakarta.apache.org/msg03167.html

> We have a very large web/ejb app that uses
> log4j's native API,
> and it's been working perfectly for us for the better part of a year.

The logging component doesn't exist to overcome log4j's short comings, it
exists to
a) allow the user of commons components to chose their own logging implementation
 (logkit, log4j, jdk1.4, stdout)
b) reduce dependencies on any other library.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may