commons-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: Digester: Examples
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 23:50:35 GMT
 From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]

> > Sorry, I am still confused. How can I just initialize
> Employee with ID = 1?
>
> Digester doesn't have any support for this -- it is designed
> to process
> *all* the XML elements that match the rules you specify.  If this is
> really what you want to do, you're probably better off doing
> your own XML
> parse, using either the DOM or SAX APIs in JAXP.

I don't want to stretch my brain too early in the morning, but at
first glance you could possibly use XSLT or XQuery to produce a
new XML stream that contains the specified ID, and then pass it
into Digester.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may