commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Design Discussion] DynaBeans - Round 2
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 22:27:08 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> (5) Implement a convenient way to convert a java.sql.ResultSet (or RowSet)
>     into a series of DynaBeans, where the corresponding DynaClass is
>     synthesized based on the metadata of the result set.

Craig,

If you haven't seen it, I've done some work on a class that converts a
ResultSet to a Collection of arbitrary beans, using reflection and
metadata. See

Collection getCollection(Object target, ResultSet resultSet)

in the scaffold.sql.ResultSetUtils class in Struts contrib.

There is also a snapshot here:

http://husted.com/struts/resources/scaffold.zip

-- Building Java web applications with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/