commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Torque learning curve WAS: RE: Jakarta Persistence Framework?
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:00:28 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> Look at Scarab.

I've got the CVS snapshot from 12/31. There are 193 classes.

Which of those should I look at first if my goal is to use Torque and
Peers in a simple test project, with maybe one table and no security?

I would in fact like to spend some quality time with Scarab, but that's
outside the scope of simply learning to use Torque and Peers, which is
what I would really, really like to do first. (I'm quite sincere about
all this. I just have to be careful about how I spend my time right
now.)

If anyone has a simple application that they have done using Torque and
Peers (perhaps when they were learning it themselves) that they can send
me in confidence, I will be very eager to use as the base of another
"cleanroom" example that we could make available publically, and include
a "tour" as I did with the Struts example application. It's obvious that
there is some great technology here, and I would love to make it more
accessible to busy developers (and which of us is not one of those?).

-Ted.