commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: selfconfiguring objects patch for digester
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:37:19 GMT
On Thursday, December 13, 2001, at 06:23 PM, Mika Goeckel wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> take your time.
>
> The reason for me to change the basic rules is, that it is transparent to
> existing code. You will see that instantly when you look at the code.

i'm a bit confused about why you need another interface as well as Rule.
isn't it better to keep Rule and use the digester instance to to find the
information you want to pass into the Self Configuration? or even better,
why doesn't the self configuring object look up the information it needs
from the digester instance?

- robert