commons-dev mailing list archives

From ot...@ivillage.com
Subject Re: HTTP Client hangs
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 22:26:23 GMT
Hello,

By adding some more logging around the calls to HTTP Client methods I determined that the
code hangs when executeMethod (in HttpClient, which really just calls *Method's execute method)
is called (I also suspected getResponseAsStream()).

So a quick look at HttpMethodBase and execute method shows a lot of debugging statements.
Now if I could just get logging to work....

Is anyone using Log4J with HTTP Client?
I can't get it to work, but that's for another message.

Thanks,
Otis

On Tue, 11 December 2001, otisg@ivillage.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I really think that HTTP Client has a bug somewhere that allows it to hang indefinitely
when it encounters cases like this one.

> This is my log line indicating that fetching started.  Note the time: 16:20.
>
>     D=2001-12-11 16:20:36,150    T=main    L=INFO C=OGLib.fetchers.http.JakartaHTTPClientFetcher
   M=Fetching from