commons-dev mailing list archives

From ot...@ivillage.com
Subject Re: HTTP Client API comment and Q about HttpException
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 22:56:49 GMT
Thanks for the fix.
I'm not sure what generates that line, but it looks like even the newer servers can generate
such specification non-conforming responses. :(
Isn't throwing HttpException like this going to prevent people from using HTTP Client to fetch
data from lame servers and force them to switch to a more forgiving HTTP library?
How about throwing a different exception so that one can differentiate this error or errors
of this type from the more generic HttpException?

Just some ideas and questions.

Thanks,
Otis