commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_li...@netmeme.org>
Subject Re: Jakarta Persistence Framework?
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:15:07 GMT
Ted,

I may or may not look at Torque, Peers, etc. I'm not interested in
re-inventing the wheel, but really, I'm looking to have (in other words,
build) a persistence framework that takes up 3-5 classes at most, and
will likely be built using the new DynaBean. Experimental, yes, but
darnit, it's got to be simple. If I want complex, believe me, I'd go
back to EJB/CMP (where I am very proficient, but dissatistied).

Bryan

On Mon, 2001-12-31 at 10:47, Ted Husted wrote:

    Vincent Massol wrote:
    > Have you checked Scaffold (built by Ted Husted) in the contrib directory
    > of Struts (http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-struts/contrib/) ? It
    > does a bit of what you'd like although maybe not everything.

    No! Stop! -- Let Bryan hook up Torque to Struts -- so he can tell me how
    to do it too ;-)

    I'm *very* interested in doing more work with Torque, but coming from
    outside a Turbine background, I just don't know where to start ;-(

    Calling any persistence layer from a Struts Action should not be
    difficult. The Action just pulls out what is needed from the http layer,
    passes it up, and passes back the result. The trick is often finding a
    simple enough example. I'm sure Scarab puts Torque through its paces,
    but a "Hello World" would be very helpful for a newcomer. (And, of
    course, if I ever get past the curve, I'll eagerly provide one of my own
    ;0)

    Most of *really* aren't interested in re-inventing the wheel. Sometimes
    it's just hard to find out how the lugnuts are threaded.

    -- Building Java web applications with Struts.
    -- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
    -- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/