commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_li...@netmeme.org>
Subject Re: [Design Discussion] DynaBean - JavaBeans with dynamic properties
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 15:38:36 GMT
My main point, Craig, is that it seems a bummer that we continue to
develop frameworks in Java which steer the developer further and further
away from the benefits of compile-time checking, and more and more
towards activities which take a String as a runtime parameter in order
to describe the intended behavior. My opinion is that there's a
messiness and error-proneness that it introduces, which wouldn't be
there with old-fashioned, fully compliation-time checked code. But
perhaps this isn't the place to discuss it, as everyone here has too
much vested in what's been built.

Bryan