commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_li...@netmeme.org>
Subject Re: [Design Discussion] DynaBean - JavaBeans with dynamic properties
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2001 21:49:30 GMT
This is good stuff, and definitely needed in Java.

One question I have is, (and I don't believe you address it in your
overview), will the resulting DynaBean be a real Java class, or will it
instead be something like a property set or hashmap (albeit a more
intelligent one than those provided by the JDK)?

I assume you are leaning towards a generic class which acts as a "super
smart property set", and not the "real Java class generation" approach.
However it would make sense to point this out explicitly in your
functional overview, given that the "real class" is what people expect
when they think "JavaBeans".

Bryan