commons-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: [Submission] commons.util.http enhancements
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:16:04 GMT
Lavandowska <flanandowska@yahoo.com> writes:

> I believe this (largely) fulfills your request.  I've attached the
> ExtendedBrowserDetector.java, RequestUtils.java, and modified build.xml

I finally had some time to look at your patch, Lance.  The build.xml
file didn't have the JSDK JAR in the classpath at compile time,
ExtendedBrowserDetector includes all of the content of BrowserDetector
(which it sub-classes) and didn't compile.  It might make more sense
to have a single "flags" int member in ExtendedBrowserDetector and do
bitwise ORs instead of having so many boolean flags.  I didn't look at
RequestUtils because I tired of fixing problems.

Daniel