commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Vince D'Onofrio" <vdonof...@proxysource.com>
Subject The Commons Proper - component sharing
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 00:06:06 GMT
We are currently developing a product that will automatically locate
components for a given software design.  We are asking developers and
vendors of software components to register their products in our system so
that they can be located by developers who may need them.

Though we are having fair success in getting vendors of commercial
components to register their products with us, we have been much less
successful in getting the open source community to register their
components.

We thought that The Commons Proper project was a good place to contact
developers who were interested in making open source components available to
the community since it seems to be part of its charter.

If the developers responsible for Jakarta Commons projects are interested in
registering their respective components, they can do so at the following

If there is a better way for us to contact the authors of these or other
open source products I would appreciate the feedback.

Vince D'Onofrio,
ProxySource, Inc.
http://www.proxysource.com
Phone:  703-208-3333, x20