commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Tal Dayan" <...@zapta.com>
Subject RE: [digester] forcing a specific DTD
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:19:51 GMT
I am not a lawyer either but possibly it can be view as follows:

1. The authors have the original copyright.

2. By contributing the code to a GPL project, the authors are allowing
others to use
their pieces of code under the GPL license.

3. The authors can also release their code under other licenses.

Because of the dependency between the contributions of the various authors
(e.g. applying a patch to an existing code), you probably need *all* the
authors to agree to release the code *also* under a different license. Of
course, you can not revoke the old license but it will apply only to the old
code.

This is just a layman point of view.

Tal