commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: earth to digester
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 21:48:12 GMT
On 11/2/01 3:44 PM, "Scott Sanders" <sanders@totalsync.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, he could do that, but I thought he was saying that he wanted
> Digester
>>> to 'just know' to set the attribute, i.e. without defining specific
> rules.
>>> Which way were you looking for Jason?
>>
>> Yes, I know that addCallMethod() works. Works very well :-) But I don't
> want
>> to have to hand code the rules for every object I want to work with.
>>

> That's Castor all right.  I suppose we could start down that road, but I'm
> not sure why we would want to re-invent the wheel, since Castor is even 2
> way.

I decided 6 months ago that I was going to use digester for everything XML.
I looked at Castor and the Digester and Castor seemed rather complex. I also
will always favour an apache product, and it seems that robert has a rule
that will do what I need. To boot, Craig is meticulous with the code that he
releases and is highly responsive to requests for change so I'm not really
interested in looking at Castor anymore.

> Scott Sanders

> --

jvz.

Jason van Zyl