commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: workflow
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:18:41 GMT

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, storck wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:06:01 +0100
> From: storck <dirk.storck@cms.tecmath.de>
> To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: AW: workflow
>
> Does any examples and docs for the workflow exist?

I'm slowly starting to document the existing Step implementations -- see
the package Javadocs for org.apache.commons.workflow.core for the style
that I'm using.

For existing demos of various techniques, I would look at the following:

* A really simple command line demo that uses just the Core and IO
  libraries, in package "org.apache.commons.workflow.demo".  You can
  run this from the top-level build.xml via the "demo" target.

* The "compile.wizard" and "deploy.wizard" target builds a small web
  application that uses Workflow to manage a multi-page "wizard" type
  user interaction, with "Next Page" and "Previous Page" buttons.
  Although this example does not use it, you can also integrate this kind
  of thing into Struts-based applications very easily.

* The unit tests (in the "src/test" directory hierarchy) illustrate some
  low-level ways to assemble Activities without using the XML based
  representation (which is optional but quite useful, so it will be the
  most common way to set things up).

Craig McClanahan