commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [DIGESTER](SUBMIT) Combined patch (was [SUBMIT] Combined patch)
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:29:08 GMT
On Thursday, November 15, 2001, at 07:46 PM, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

<snip>

> Yep ... "ant clean dist test test.bpsr" on the current code gives only the
> one failure:
>
> testDigesterBodyTextStack(org.apache.commons.digester.BeanPropertySetterRuleTestCase)
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Root body text not set correct.
> expected:<ROOT BODY> but was:<null>
>
> at line 272 of the test case.  This is on Linux (Red Hat 7.1) with the Sun
> JDK 1.3.1.

drat! that means that the body text bug hasn't been fixed completely (or
my test code is wrong).

that's exactly is what i get - but it's cause is a little mysterious to me.
the string gets passed in ok but is then found to become strangely null
when the processing has finished. the original version in the patch pushed
strings onto the body text passed that test but now the string buffers are
pushed, this problem seems to have occurred.

i'll probably have a chance to investigate the problem further at the
weekend.

- robert