commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: [digester] forcing a specific DTD
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 05:00:20 GMT
On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 07:37:05PM -0800, Tal Dayan wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Have you considered to open for it a SourceForge project ? I think it is
> free and you get CVS, webspace, shell access for builds, etc.

This isn't the kind of code that gets a *developer* community, because it is
mostly finished (much like BCEL). The API has been through 3 rewrites, and now
allows you to do _anything_ to the DOCTYPE declaration. There's no features to
add, without expanding the scope of the project.

All it can do now is amass lots of users :) I have yet to "announce" it
anywhere except here, and in passing on xml-general@xml.apache.org. It would be
nice if (hint hint) any of the committers would comment on hosting it in
jakarta-commons.  Otherwise, it's happy where it is :)

--Jeff