commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <j...@socialchange.net.au>
Subject Re: [digester] forcing a specific DTD
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 00:19:41 GMT
On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 11:34:57AM -0800, Tal Dayan wrote:
> Yes, I think Jeff mentioned that he tried to contribute it.

Yep.

> This code addresses a real issue with the exiting API of SAX and it will
> be great if we can find for it a good home so it is get maintained and
> others can use it as well.

I recently got a friendly sysadmin to set up a more permanent domain, and the
code can now be obtained at:

http://opensource.socialchange.net.au/doctypechanger/

The old URL redirects to this.

> Ideally, this should be fixed by SAX (API change).
>
> Jeff, have you considered to submit it to the Sax project
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/sax/ ? Or, how about creating for it, for
> the time being, a project by itself at SourceForge ?

SAX and DOM specify mainly the post-parse API. JAXP might be more appropriate..
a "forceValidation(URL dtd);" method or something.

--Jeff