commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [digester] forcing a specific DTD
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:49:18 GMT

On Wednesday, November 14, 2001, at 05:49 PM, Tal Dayan wrote:

> I am not sure. It is very long and I am not a lawyer ;-)
>
> One way to convert it to ASL is to ask for the permissions of the
> authors. This is how Lucene became a Jakarta project, it used to
> be GPL.

is this the code that jeff offered to donate to the commons earlier this
month?
(check the archives 'Subject: Submission: XML DOCTYPE manipulation code')

is that right, jeff?

as i understand it (i'm sure somebody will correct me if i'm wrong),
the sandbox is for projects with proposals and so a class can't be
committed by itself.
maybe if stuff like EntityResolvers and other xml utility classes from
other jakarta projects were also thrown into the mix, it might be possible
to come up with a viable proposal for a project consisting of xml tools.

- robert