commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: earth to digester
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 19:19:13 GMT
On Friday, November 2, 2001, at 06:19 PM, Scott Sanders wrote:

>> It might be more concise to add some sort of a rule to make this easier
>> say, perhaps:
>>
>>   digester.addBeanPropertySetter("bean/attribute1");
>>   digester.addBeanPropertySetter("bean/attribute2");
>>
>> that would infer the property name from the final element of the matching
>> pattern, but it would be functionally equivalent to the existing
>> capability.
>>

> Yes, he could do that, but I thought he was saying that he wanted Digester
> to 'just know' to set the attribute, i.e. without defining specific rules.
> Which way were you looking for Jason?

jason's looking for a rule that 'just knows'

i've just had a large 'Doh!' moment.
i can use the protected match attribute to extract the information i need.

jason - i'll have a go at writing that rule now. even if you don't end up
using it, then i suppose that somebody else might.

apologies for wasting people's time.

- robert