commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Workflow & Turbine design questions
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:24:18 GMT
From: "Warren Janssens" <whj38@yahoo.ca>
> One idea would be to have something like javabeans or
> jmx events and listeners.
> Of course it would be nice
> if you could register the event senders and the
> listeners with a configuration file instead of in
> code. The messaging loop would be a nice avalon
> component (or block?).

The Messenger project can use used to do exactly this with JMS. An XML
configuration file can contain JMS subscriptions which when a JMS messsage
arrives can then fire MessageListeners or dispatch to Servlets or JSP.

Its nothing to do with JMX though - maybe Craig's Modeler project might help
do JMX events & listeners

> A file system monitor would be
> just another event sender.

A file system monitor would be a great idea too - I could use one of those.
Should be fairly easy to add a new Task to a ThreadPool / Scheduler, which
would watch for files that have changed since a certain timestamp.

James