commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Workflow
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:11:34 GMT
Hi Colin

----- Original Message -----
From: "*Colin Sharples" <Colin.Sharples@hbl.co.nz>
> BTW, I've been working on an implementation of the workflow system, which
> definitely rocks. I've created an execution environment based on JMS -
> activities are triggered by messages arriving on queues. I'm not sure what
> the attitude of the client I'm working for is, but I may be able to submit
> the generic JMS stuff I've been working on when I'm finished
(mid-December).

I'm working on a JMS framework called Messenger...

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/messenger.html

... which provides a framework for working with JMS and dispatching JMS
messages to MessageListeners & Servlets & JSP. So, for example, JSP custom
tag libraries could be used to process JMS messages to perform XPath, XSLT
or SQL operations etc. It should be quite easy to integrate with the
existing commons-workflow project.

There could well be some crossover with what you are doing as well with the
workflow project. I'd be interested in any thoughts you might have on the
Messenger project and am interested to hear more of your JMS based workflow
system.

James