cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <spintus-mail...@web.de>
Subject AW: Cocoon 2 - Webservice
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:48:12 GMT
Hello,
Unfortunately, I'm only now to respond. Restful was recommended to me by my
instructor. I would like to send the XML file via POST to cocoon, recycle
there and spend as PDF, HTML, or RTF.
Currently, I have not yet an overview if there is a ready-made opportunity
to Cocoon XML to accept documents through POST?

Von: Jos Snellings [mailto:jos.snellings@upperware.biz]
Gesendet: Samstag, 5. April 2014 15:23
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Cocoon 2 - Webservice

Hi Klaus,

As REST is a principle, it is possible to implement a service "in a REST-ful
manner".
However, is it correct to state, as your message suggests, that the service
would perform a sort of document conversion of an
XML document in a specified format, to a PDF file?

If this is the case, my idea would be:
- cocoon 2 is a good choice, no need to upgrade
- do not care about the REST religion, and just generate a pdf document

Jos