cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: URLResponse from Restcontroller with Hibernate circular relationships
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:09:08 GMT
On 03/03/2014 04:36, Yahoo wrote:
> I  am using cocoon RestController to present my Hibernate Mysql data
> in pdf files.
> The Hibernate structure has cirular relationships, so when I give the
> structure to the URLResponse there are endless StringBuilder calls.Do
> you have an idea how to solve this problem.One idea would be to
> present the data in an non Hibernate bean without cicular
> relationships. But may be there is an opportunity to avoid new beans.

Hi,
such problems arise every time JPA (or other persistence frameworks)
entities are published (via REST in your case) without any
transformation (the DTO pattern): I am afraid there is any cleaner
solution than converting your Hibernate entities into something simpler.

BTW: which version are you using?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PPMC
http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/