cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject Re: Getting the value of the browser selector
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:39:14 GMT
Does anyone have any more information about the browser selector?
Specifically, how to pass its value into a pipeline as a parameter to
the XSLT?

///Peter

On 19/12/13 15:51, Peter Flynn wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>>> On Dec 19, 2013, at 4:24, Peter Flynn <pflynn@ucc.ie> wrote:
>>>
>>> Let me try again in a shorter post :-)
>>>
>>> 1. Has anyone ever used the browser selector?
>>>
>>> 2. Can it be used to pass the *value* to a transformation as a
>>> parameter without resorting to map:when, instead of just doing
>>> selection?
>>
>> Isn't the "value" of the browser selector the same as the "user-agent"
>> header value?
>
> I don't think so.
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/browser-selector.html says:
>
> <map:select type="browser">
>    <map:when test="netscape">
>    </map:when>
>    <map:when test="explorer">
>    </map:when>
>    <map:otherwise>
>    </map:otherwise>
> </map:select>
>
> In other words you can take alternate action based on the test="..."
> value, but you cannot pass that actual value into the XSLT as a parameter.
>
>> You can just pass-in the header to the transformation... No need for
>> the browser selector.
>
> But then I'd have to parse the user-agent string in my XSLT. The whole
> point of the browser selector is that it's done for you in the sitemap.
>
> ///Peter

///Peter
--
Peter Flynn | Electronic Publishing Unit | IT Services | University
College Cork | Phone +353 21 490 2609 | Email pflynn@ucc.ie | Web www.ucc.ie