cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Flynn <pfl...@ucc.ie>
Subject Re: Getting the value of the browser selector
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 15:51:11 GMT
> Peter,
>
>> On Dec 19, 2013, at 4:24, Peter Flynn <pflynn@ucc.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Let me try again in a shorter post :-)
>>
>> 1. Has anyone ever used the browser selector?
>>
>> 2. Can it be used to pass the *value* to a transformation as a parameter without
resorting to map:when, instead of just doing selection?

> Isn't the "value" of the browser selector the same as the "user-agent" header value?

I don't think so.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/browser-selector.html says:

<map:select type="browser">
   <map:when test="netscape">
   </map:when>
   <map:when test="explorer">
   </map:when>
   <map:otherwise>
   </map:otherwise>
</map:select>

In other words you can take alternate action based on the test="..."
value, but you cannot pass that actual value into the XSLT as a parameter.

> You can just pass-in the header to the transformation... No need for the browser selector.

But then I'd have to parse the user-agent string in my XSLT. The whole
point of the browser selector is that it's done for you in the sitemap.

///Peter
--
Peter Flynn | Electronic Publishing Unit | IT Services | University
College Cork | Phone +353 21 490 2609 | Email pflynn@ucc.ie | Web www.ucc.ie