cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [C3] Calling another from REST resource
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2013 07:12:26 GMT
On 08/15/2013 04:34 PM, Andre Juffer wrote:
> To clarify my question:
>
> I need to identify persons when they access a resource. On the client
> side, a temporal hash is stored. On the server side, I use that hash
> to connect with an account associated with a person. The hash is not
> unique, it is assigned upon signing in, and lost after signing out.
> When accessing the resource, say a VideoResource in block A,
>
> @POST
> Response doSomething(@PathParam("hash") String hash)
> {
>     Account account = .... // Use the hash here.
>
>     this.facade_.doSomething(account, ....);
>
>     return someResponse;
> }
>
> The account information is obtained from another block (B), which is
> accessed by various others block for the same purpose. These blocks
> represent various services for which a person may have an account.
>
> Thus, the line with
>
> Account account = .... // Use the hash here.
>
> would access another block.
>
> Can this easily be facilitated with cocoon3 at this stage?
>
> thanks for your time,

The question is do you need to call/use a java class or do you want to
call a pipeline?

To call another java class a simple import should do, when you have the
dep to the other block set.

In case of calling another pipeline should be working with
http://cocoon.apache.org/subprojects/servlet-service/servlet-service-impl/architecture.html
servlet:
final URL url = new URL("servlet:blockB:/someUrl");

HTH

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/