cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <scher...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using maven archetypes
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 13:04:39 GMT
Please do not crosspost but stay in the original thread.

On 07/04/2013 01:57 PM, Piratenvisier wrote:
> Thank you I got it.
> I was an adherent of cocoon from the beginning.
> But with the upcoming AJAX I felt that for dynamic web it was not the
rightt solution.
> So I stopped to use it.I started my project again because thanks to
cocoon's hompage I
> noticed the upcoming wicket.
> Wicket brought a new dynamic in my project there were only two
use-cases for which I preferred cocoon.
> For PDF generation and email-transport. I used flow :cocoon-protocol
fop-ng
> But this services could not be upgraded from cocoon 2.2.0 to 3.
> Meanwhile I use hibernate and spring 3.1 and I would prefer to use the
hibernate ojb-part with annotations in cocoon.
> but in cocoon 3 first flow and cocoon-protokol is missing and I can
not use spring 3.1
> So the situation becomes worse and worse for me. So I am looking how
to escape from cocoon
> with flyingsaucer and an own email adaption maybe as soap-application.

I do not really understand your problems. c3 is using
<spring.version>3.2.2.RELEASE</spring.version>
why can you use that but are bound to 3.1?

Regarding the dep conflict you have I recommend to use the pom view of
eclipse and there the dep hierarchy, where you can exclude certain deps
directly.

Regarding the sending mail, in one of our deployments we are using c3 to
create the eMails in 2 different formats (html and plain text) and
attach pdfs that we as well generate via fo from a pipeline. Further the
solution is based on JMS to make it async and it works like a charm to
invoke a cocoon java pipeline via JMSListener.

Further c3 is designed to be integrated painlessly in whatever, meaning
you can have a my faces app and some business code can call c3 pipelines
to get data processed, so IMO it is now time to get into cocoon again.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/