cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jos Snellings <jos.snelli...@upperware.biz>
Subject Re: Selecting values from a html5 form
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2013 12:32:10 GMT
Hi Peter,

In the sitemap you have access to request parameters via Jexl:

<map:match pattern="enquiry">
      <map:generate type="someGeneration">
             <map:parameter name="from"
value="{jexl:cocoon.request.parameter.fromname}"/>

However, it may be far more convenient to use the HttpRequest, as it is
exposed in different ways:

1. if you want to send your user's inputs to a controller to handle them as
in:

 <map:match pattern="enquiry">
            <controller:call controller="rest-controller"
select="some.package.EnquiryController">

            </controller:call>
        </map:match>

The http request is accessible by just declaring it with the annotation
@Inject:

   @Inject
    private HttpServletRequest request;

In your "doPost" method (or even doGet) you can use the request:

String fromName = request.getParameter("fromname");

Instead of sending the input to a controller, it may happen that there is
little to control, and you just want to do a model generation as a response.
In that case:

if you are declaring:
public class SomeViewGenerator extends AbstractSAXGenerator {

You may override the "setup" member :

public void setup(Map<String, Object> parameters) {
try {

    request = HttpContextHelper.getRequest(parameters);

The setup member is just called at pipeline setup, and when this happens in
a web application context, the http request is just one of the parameters.

I hope this little expose helps,
Jos