cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSLT import/include errors
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:43:22 GMT
On 22/06/2013 11:25, gelo1234 wrote:
> And of course I'm using noncaching pipeline :)
>
> When I make a change in the main XSL file (that from sitemap), the
> change is visible.
> When I make a change in any of the imported/included (from main XSL)
> XSL file, the change is not visible. Cocoon serves
> the Content from cache.-- Francesco Chicchiriccò ASF Member, Apache
> Syncope PMC chair, Apache Cocoon PMC Member
> http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Hi,
this has nothing to do with pipeline caching: with pipeline caching, the
whole pipeline execution is cached (in memory, by default) and thus
subsequent calls to the same pipeline won't trigger any pipeline
component execution.

What is causing you headaches (same did to me) is a local LRU cache
managed by some SAX components, including the XSLTTransformer [1]; as
you can see from the load() method, in fact, only the last modified
timestamp of the main XSLT file is taken into account for deciding
whether the cached template should be read.

The local LRU cache is very useful in production but very annoying
during development: I guess it should stay enabled by default - as
currently - but also given the possibility to switch it off via some
configuration parameter: who wants to file an issue on JIRA and provide
a patch? ;-)

Regards.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-sax/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sax/component/XSLTTransformer.java