cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 3.0 components
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:07:01 GMT
On 19/06/2013 20:46, gelo1234 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if C3 still supports:

As you have already done, take [1] as general reference of what it is
possible in C3 sitemaps.

> 1. matchers in sitemap.xmap ?
>
> e.g.
> <map:matchers default="wildcard">
> <map:matcher logger="sitemap.matcher.wildcard" name="wildcard"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcher"/>
> <map:matcher logger="sitemap.matcher.regexp" name="regexp"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.RegexpURIMatcher"/>

C3 is actually full of matchers:  wildcard, equals, regexp, starts-with,
ends-with, contains

<map:match equals="...">
matches exactly its argument

<map:match pattern="...">
is working the "old" way

<map:match regexp="...">
provides full regexp support

...and so on

Moreover, you can chain matchers (see "named matcher" and "deep relative
matcher" samples from [1]).

> 2. selectors in sitemap.xmap ?

No.

> e.g.
> <map:selectors default="browser">
> <map:selector logger="sitemap.selector.browser" name="browser"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.BrowserSelector">
>

> 3. Is it possible to define cutom matchers/selectors ? Any examples ?

Hum, nice question (only about matchers. of course); never tried, but I
don't think it would be easy. Basically, AFAIU the handling is delegated
to MatchNode [2] that does not seem to be managing any kind of
customization.

> 4. actions in sitemap.xmap ?
>
> e.g.
> <map:actions>
>                         <map:action logger="sitemap.action.request"
> name="request" src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.RequestParamAction"/>

No.

> 5.  <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="..." check-reload="yes"/> ?

You should have already found the answer to this: basically, you need
more blocks.

> I've got Cocoon site that hosts multiple www domains, all based on the
> same sitemap.xmap with <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="domain_X"
> check-reload="yes"/>
>
> so the configuration is as follows:
>
> <map:pipeline>
>               <map:select type="cutomDomainSelector">
>                        <map:when test="domainA">
>                             <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="./domaina"
> check-reload="yes"/>
>                        </map:when>
>                        <map:when test="domainB">
>                              <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="./domainb"
> check-reload="yes"/>
>                        </map:when>
>                </map:select>
> </map:pipeline>
>
> Is it still possible with C3 ? Or should I use some separate blocks
> config ?
> The problem with separate blocks config is that I want to use empty
> URI (not different) for each site
>
> So
> site1: http://www.domainA.org/
> site2: http://www.domainB.org/
>
> NOT
>
> http://www.some.org/domainA/
> http://www.some.org/domainB/
>
> under one C3 war (sitemap.xmap config).

I'd suggest to empower some reverse proxy in order to make things easier
here.

> And I would like to have a common block accessible from each site.

This is what blocks are meant for, in terms of modularity.

HTH
Regards.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap