cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: Dom Transformer
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:45:22 GMT
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 02:58:37PM -0400, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> I have tags with id's like:
>
> <some-section-tag id='109876_n00069" .... >
>
> And those ids are used for links inside the document. They are linked
> from different sections.
> I like to transform the links and the ids to something that makes sense. Like,
>
> <xref href="the-section-title-with-dashes-only" > My Link Label</xref>
>
> And
>
> The anchor
>
> <some-section-tag id='the-section-title-with-dashes-only" .... >
>
> I think this can be done is Stax, xslt or Sax, however, I am trying to
> do it in a clean way without any hacks.
>
> Do you have any suggestion ??

I well understand the appeal of keeping the whole document around for
random access. :-) But have you considered xsl:key?  It sound like you
want to accumulate a symbol table and fetch useful properties of the
symbols when you see them again.

I'm only brainstorming here.  I haven't yet used xsl:key myself.  But
if I don't expose my ignorance once in a while, I'll never learn. :-)
If you find my suggestion helpful, I'd like to see how you used it.

There's an app for that:  your browser