cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mika M Lehtonen <m...@digikartta.net>
Subject Re: from Cforms to Wicket
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2013 19:08:53 GMT
Hi Francesco,
let me tell you what I have now.
I implemented a feedback web application for municipial use with C2.11.
The app is built so that the administrator can create forms picking
fields and controls he/she needs. These setting are saved into db. The
end-user app reads these settings from db, creates XML definition and
through XSL transforms these settings into valid Cforms
definition/template and finally creates forms wanted out of this all.

This is highly dynamic system where we also implemented special data
model where horizontal tables are converted into vertical direction,
that is, there is one row per fom field, not a column.

I was warned about using C2.11 for this, but I wanted to use it anyway
because I was familiar with it already. Now I would like to get rid of
C2.11 but I really don't know how. I would like to switch into C3 but
that is something I am not familiar with.

I could go with the stream and use AJAX and like jQuery.. still i would
have the same problem - how to create controls out of XML definition. So
XML driven form platform is something I would prefer, you see, I would
only need XSLT.

I hope I made my needs little clearer.

- mika -