cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A generator with sitemap parameter in C3
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:27:33 GMT
On 11/02/2013 12:07, gelo1234 wrote:
> Question 1:
> Can we have some example of this one ?
>
> <map:generate type="some-custom">
>    <map:parameter name="a" value="1"/>
>    <map:parameter name="b" value="2"/>
> </map:generate>
>
> I mean, how to get sitemap parameter value from Java Generator code ?
> btw. Request Parameters are obtained by the use of HttpContextHelper,
> is this correct ?

No: you can access map:parameter elements from within Java code in the
same way how this is done in the XSLTTransformer [1]: consider that
"source" is the only pre-defined parameter you have in any pipeline
component, mapped to the 'src' XML attribute.

> Question 2:
> What is the best (optimal) way to include XML content generated from
> servlet/controller?
>
> <x:include .... src="servlet:/..."/>
>
> If the servlet is calling a REST controller there are 2 invocations
> involved (one to gather data, the other one (with e.g.
> string-template) to actually serialize the data). Is there any way
> that REST controller could serialize the data itself ? without
> invoking another servlet/Page ?

Not that I know: anyway I am using similar includes in different
production environments with high load and I've experienced no troubles
so far.

> Question 3:
> If the generator is included in some transformer phase (via x:include)
> does it still have access to original Request Parameters when invoked
> with:
>
> <x:include ... src="servlet:/generate?par1=a&par2=b/>
>
> or they are lost (original request params) and substituted by new ones
> (par1, par2 from the line above)?

They are lost: you need to explicitly pass them though.

Regards.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/cocoon-sax/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/sax/component/XSLTTransformer.java

--